This is my first blog, at least the first one that anyone has any kind of access too...
My name is Mistydawn Sublett. I am 29, happily married, and a mother of one. Trust me, God knew what he was doing when he limited me to just the one... They are so expensive. ha ha ha...
I am married to Allan Sublett, we were high school sweethearts. I am not sure if you can still call it that, considering I never went to his high school. Anyways, we were 15 when we met. We met at Brookshire's in Wylie. He was a REAL smooth talker (not good at sarcasm, but its right here). He told me I looked good in normal clothes and had a big butt (and that was before I got all fat). Don't know what I was thinking, but apparently, it worked out for the best. ha ha ha. We started dating on December 15 and have been together ever since. We were married on August 8, 1998 and this year we celebrated 10 years of marriage. Allan has lived in Texas all his life, and I have lived there most of my life, minus a few years in Utah. (not in prison) Just in Utah. ha ha ha...
We have since then moved to Utah for my career. What a wonderful man to support me in such a way that he has let me uproot our family and move to a whole other world. At least it seems like that sometimes. He has never lived more than 100 miles from where he was born. His family is in Texas execpt a few in Okalahoma and most of mine is as well, with a few exceptions. There are a few in Florida and some in Okalahoma. (shhhh don't tell anyone, I will never admit it again.) I am a data analyst for Intermountain Homecare. I am spoiled. I am able to work from home when needed (or wanted) and also have a wonderful office to go to. I love my job, and am truly blessed to have obtained it.
Allan is working at Radio Shack as an Assitant Store manager and doing very well. He exceeds his selling goals everyday. If you need a cell phone, please call him. ( ha ha ha) He is adapting really well to the weather, although this is the first time we have truly expierenced a fall. In Texas, there are two types of weather, HOT and HOTTER. But we have had a serious cold front move in and it is only going to get colder from here. Although, Bethanna assures me there is an Indian Summer here so it should get into the 70's at least for a week in October. Bless Allan's heart.
We have one little boy. His name is Elijah. He is 8 years old and everything an 8 year old should be. He is amazing. I am truly blessed. He is in the Honors program at school, he has a 3.5 GPA and enjoys Basketball, Soccer, and Football. He also is in Awana's at church. This weekend he had his first Audition (he's an aspiring Actor). He audition for ACT (school by invite only) as well as High School Musical 3, and Camp Rock. We rec'vd a call back in less that 12 hours that they loved Elijah for ACT and want him to join thier school. There were only 25 kids (5%) of 500 that were accepted into the school, and he was one of them. We will find out sometime this week if he is going to make the movies. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he continues to go on auditions.. And "Don't cut his hair" were thier direct words. Which makes me happy, cause I cut his hair. Makes me think, I should be an EMO stylist on the side. ha ha ha.. EMO ALLAN, NOT ELMO... Oh yeah... Elijah has his own cell phone now so he thinks he is the coolest ever and says that he is a movie star already. He wants to be like Joey Tribianni from Friends.. (Were working on changing that, and going to watch less friends) :D
Of course there is Specka, our dog. As much a part of the family as anyone else. He is blue heeler and something else, were not really sure, but whatever it is, it has made him the most amazing, well behaved dog. He listens better than Elijah most of the time. Although, we have recently found out he HATES mopeds. Not sure why, be he thinks they are evil. Its really funny to watch.
Things are going really well for us right now. Which is odd, cause if you know us, the only luck we have is bad luck, or no luck at all, but we are truly being blessed and have been since the move. We have a wonderful apartment and a wonderful car. I love my neighbors, at least since the means ones have moved. Our upstairs neighbors, Mike and Kelly are totally awesome. We have the best of friends, Bethanna and Clint, and there two beautiful little girls, Skyler and Terryn.
Don't get us wrong. We miss life in Texas. There nothing like southern hospitality (only exists there) and our friends and family are truly missed.
But all is going really well... Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed my babbling... And I will try and keep this updated.
love you all,
The Utah Subletts,
Allan, Elijah and Mistydawn
I'm a Genius!
Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Just started....
Posted by The Utah Sublett's at 10:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yea! It's contagious lol. Welcome to blogging world :) When i figure out how to tweek it all to add friends I'll let you know! I love you guys!
Uncle Doc says, "Utah Sublett" is like an oxymoron...it just don't fit.
Ted and I have an invitation to come hunt in Montana. If that ever happens (lol) we'll have to come on over and see ya'll.
I am the worst about consistency on the blogging, emilling stuff, but I'll do something nice once in a while, like send you a picture of me for your garden or patio to keep the birds away.
Love ya'll
Uncle Doc & Cynthia (she is hot and i am lucky)
Reading this made me laugh and cry. I laughed because Misty Dawn is such a ding dong, and I cried because I miss them so much. WE NEED MORE PICS OF EJ!!! Misty--you are a teriffic redneck mom, and I am so proud of you. Kick some Utah butts for me. I love y'all. Aunt Nuh-Nuh
This Comment is for Ailsa- You really seriously need to make a blog. You are the most hilarious person that I know, but really don't know!
Post a Comment